2012年2月7日火曜日

Can Put 700r4 In Tahoe

can put 700r4 in tahoe

the !#%** 700r4 question

Boxer, often the TH700R4 suffers from TV issues.. TV=throttle valve. This 'valve' is located in the 'valve body' and is connected to the throttle pedal/linkage via a cable. This cable is adjustable. It must be hooked up to your throttle body throttle lever. (you might have a carb, same basic deal). Sometimes this valve gets 'stuck'.. One of two things must then happen: 1. Disconnect said cable at carb/TB engine idling, pull and retract this cable several times QUICKLY to try and loosen up the 'trash' in it, OR drop the pan, R+R the throttle valve to clean it the hard way...

If the cable is left disconnected, the factory default has it configured to max out line pressure, which can cause your late (harsh) shifts... Or it could be the dirt/trash deal above.

Very sensitive little valve, it is.

How to adjust: Depress the lock tab on the cable.(half-round tab) Move the slider rearward fully. Then fully open (engine off) throttle to ratchet the the cable adjuster forward. Done. One can fine tune the shifts a few clicks either way to suit application.


I can rule out a governor problem, since it will actually shift out of 1st gear.. (the part with the green gear)

Other pic is a TV valve disassembled

Other pic is what the TV cable looks like connected, and the half round tab you depress to adjust.

Hope you can get rollin'.

DSC00041.jpgDSC00057.jpg



These are our most popular posts: can put 700r4 in tahoe

Can I change tailshaft from 700r4 4x4 into 7004r 2wd? - S10V8 ...

Can I change tailshaft from 700r4 4x4 into 7004r 2wd? My 700r4 in my Blazer blew. What I need to know is one will a turbo 350 work and second can I change the tail shaft from a 700r4 4x4 into 7004r 2x2 ? Thanks Pappy ... read more

Question Bose speakers in a non-Bose equipped 2008 Tahoe ...

my Tahoe is 2008 z71 and has the 6 disc, but no Bose... i think my 2 right speakers r blown so Im gonna replace them and i found a set of Bose speakers on eBay... is it the same wiring harness? should work fine huh? also, I want to put the Bose sub in the center console... can I just put an after-market amp on it? 08z71tahoe is .... Parted, totaled /or Sold: 94 4 Door Blazer 93 GMC RCSS 350/700R4 94 2-door S-10 Blazer 82 Datsun 87 Firebird 82 Camaro 76 Nova ... read more

700R4/4L60 Front Pump Question - S10V8 Conversion Community ...

I think there is no difference between a non auxiliary and an auxiliary pump except there is no hole to put the auxiliary oil pipe in, it only has a plug in that location on the pump housing, can I just remove the plug and widen the hole to except the oil line or is there something else different about a non auxiliary pump? So far I have installed a new rotor support in the pump with the bigger oil feed ... 87 S10 Tahoe Long Bed + Small Block 355V8 w/700R4 Overdrive = Fun! read more

Transmission mount failure, is poly OK to use? - S10V8 Conversion ...

I had a leak in my oil pressure sender and looked under my truck at the mess it was making and noticed my oil pan lost its little bit of clearance it had from back in 07 when built, I was going to make some spacer plates for the engine mounts then I looked at the tranny ... 87 S10 Tahoe Long Bed + Small Block 355V8 w/700R4 Overdrive = Fun! .... You could have a leak someplace else like: seal at rear of intake, oil pressure port pipe fittings, distributor gasket, valve covers, to name a few. read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿